Friday, March 8, 2013

Queer Tech: Phone Candies!

I want to replace my old phone and I'm keeping my eye out on the mid-range phones that has been coming out recently. I don't want to spend big bucks on a phone since I usually lose them (my recent phone is almost a year old and that's a feat). Anyway, my eyes are on these three babies:




Myphone A919 duo

This baby is the cheapest of the phones I would like to buy. Could you believe that it's just Php 8k? That's a steal considering that this phone has: 1Ghz dual core processor and 512mb RAM. That's pretty decent for games and messaging plus the display is really good. It also has an 8mp camera and 5.0''  screen with FWVGA 480×854 resolution display which is pretty good judging from the blog reviews I've read. The operating system on the other hand runs on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. I can't believe that a local brand can actually dish out something like this to the point that this unit can actually compete with the big guys out there. The only problem here is that the updates may not come as frequently as for the branded phones. That's something locally branded phones lack.



LG Optimus L9

The second of the babies I would like to buy! The only difference with this phone from MyPhone A919 duo are that it has 1Gb RAM which makes it more powerful than the former and a 5mp camera instead of an 8mp. As for the other specs, it's pretty much the same. If there is a difference, it would not be THAT noticeable. The only thing is you would notice that the build of this phone is better than the former as the former is flimsy but not the point that it will break. Plus, it's branded! Which means we get pretty much the support we need as well as the operating system updates if there are any. The price of this unit is more or less Php 13k.

 
Samsung Galaxy Grand

The phone I would really like to have! The Samsung Galaxy Grand is pretty much the combination of the two phones above with eliminating the weakness of the one and including the strength of the other. It sports a 5'' screen with 480 x 800 resolution, 1Gb RAM, 1.2 Ghz Dual core processor, and an 8mp camera. The only "meh!" factor here is the screen. It could have sport a better resolution considering that it has a 5-inch screen. It is priced at almost Php 17k but you could get this at Postpaid Plan 999 for free at Sun Cellular. So, I guess getting a plan (which means getting data connection, texts, and calls) is a bigger bang for the buck if I'm going to get this phone.

Btw, all of these phones runs with a battery of around 1850mhz - 2100mhz so battery life is pretty much decent.

I hope I'll get a chance to buy one of these phones but judging how much I have saved and how much I would like to save more I have to pass the opportunity. But my hands are itching! I really want to buy one! Anyone care to help me? Haha! ;)

1 comment:

  1. how about blackberry? It's affordable and convenient to use especially for some who's into social medias. Cheap globe promos :)

    ReplyDelete