Wednesday, August 14, 2013

There's a power in your words



No words can ever describe how much I am hurt reading the comments above in a yahoo article. For the link, click here.


I feel remorse whenever I hear news about suicide because of gay bashing. They had so much life to live.

I pity kids who are still on the budding stage of acknowledging their sexuality. The world is not safe for them. It's not safe for us.

I am sad for the couples who want their relationship to be fully recognized by the state but can't. They are the perfect examples that love do exist for gays but yet they are still seen as lust.

I feel bad for those who are persecuted because of sexual orientation. They don't deserve the hate. No one does.

I pity those who have been deprived of the needs, promotions, or entitlement because they're gay. They deserve those based on their performance and because they're humans as well.

Sometimes, with people like those who are like the above picture, I feel like I have to go back in the closet. Maybe it's time to accept that people like us can't be accepted.  I want to fight a good fight, but...

And it's ironic to use God to justify killing and bashing gays.

I have so many things to say. I have deep emotions to express. I have scientific evidences I want to teach.

But words are not enough in this context if they refuse to listen.

Is this fight worth fighting at all?


PS: I saw fellow bloggers following me on my personal Twitter account. Thanks for following! I forgot if I posted my twitter account here though.

12 comments:

  1. Waste of time. Masasayang lang ang brain cells ko kung i-explain sa kanila isa isa at mag react pa sa kabobohan nila.

    Haaaaay! Ang daming TANGA sa mundo nakaka frustrate.

    Next post please

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha sabi ko lang dun sa comment na bwisit talaga mga yan at parang mas nakakaawa sila dahil ganyan sila mag-isip, mabubuhay silang hindi masaya. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Despite of the hurt, let's not wish them of ill-fortune. Let's just pray that they will understand. It may not be now. Baby steps. :)

      Delete
    2. Bigots will always be bigots. I once told my straight friend whom I shared my past love life with, straight people will never understand because they will never be homosexual.

      Delete
  3. I eventually learned to not let myself be affected by comments in Yahoo! articles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still yet to learn. Haha. Lagi akong nakakaapekto tuwing nakakabasa ako ng ganyan.

      Delete
    2. You don't have to be all things to all people. Remember what I told in my post for you.

      Delete
  4. well, the good thing about yung comment boards like that and yung mga trolls na nagpopost ng mga ganyan...

    most of the time they're all bark and no bite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yahoo comments are/is (whatever, gramatically stupid ako) smorgasbord of people who I wish I could hug....to death :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ay, gusto ko yan. I-hug na lang natin sila to death. :)))

      Delete