Friday, July 4, 2014

Skin Update 07052014

So, here I go again. I decided to blog the results of my skin regime so I can better deduce which works for me and not.

I recently went back to derma and bought the following products: Pore Minimizer toner, Night Cream #1, and Clinderm Solution. Formerly, I use the GT Witch hazel toner but I figured out that my skin was not improving a bit using it. It might have been aggravating it further in fact. So, after buying the products, I went to the drug store and bought Contractubex gel to help me with my pimple marks hoping that it will help fade these away faster. I heard HiruScar is effective but it's very difficult to find so I settled for Contractubex.

Currently, my regime goes like this.

In the morning:
1. I wash my face using Mestiza soap or Kojie-san.
2. I tone using the Pore Minimizer toner.
3. I use the Contractubex for my pimple marks.

In the evening:
1. I wash my face using Mestiza soap or Kojie-san.
2. I tone using Celeteque Acne Solutions toner. I opted not to use the Clinderm solution since it's an antibacterial toner and it might aggravate my acne further when my face gets used to it. This will mean treating the acne harder than before.
3. Apply Salicylic acid spot treatment.
4. Apply Contractubex.
5. Apply Night Cream #1.

Okay, as for the findings of the current regime, I found out that the existing acne has probably turned inactive as it has been reduced to dark marks but the problem is new small ones and a few cystic acne came up. So, I kind of assessed the history of my regime before to isolate the culprit. Before, I patronized the products from my trusted derma then I decided to buy store bought products. One of them is Celeteque. Looking back, I've developed acne but not as serious as now. Probably, Celeteque could have been the culprit as there are small ones and a cystic acne or two appeared. The seriousness of my present acne might have been produced by the GT Witch Hazel toner which I've discontinued using. As for the Contractubex, I'm still hoping that this is not a culprit of the new acne. I've used this before and I didn't get any flare ups. Plus, the new existing acne seems to be growing at certain areas only and some of the areas to which I apply the gel seems to be a little bit okay. The salicylic acid spot treatment may be removed soon. It doesn't seem to do that good. I mean, It does dries up the pimples but new pimples still pop up so it's tiring to spot treat always. I might spot treat only for the cystic ones.

So, I'm planning to shake things up by removing the Celeteque Acne Solutions toner from my regime and replacing it with the Pore Minimizer. Crossing fingers that the acne will stop appearing and the existing ones fade away. I'm being told by my parents that I look ugly because of it and I only get depressed further.

Btw, readers, if you have any recommended store brought toners (in case my stock gets used up though I'm planning to buy three of everything from my derma), kindly comment your recommendations in the comment box below. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Hugs and kisses.

8 comments:

  1. Truly, beauty and agony always come together hand in hand. Matiyaga ka rin. Magmumukha ka nang artista. As for me, well, monster lang ang peg. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm hope it works well ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I think you need to change your dermatologist. Try mo ang Derm clinic- medyo mahal nga lang ang treatment at gamot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. jusko nung napapansin kong nagdradry ang skin ko... tinigil kong gumamit ng facial wash. infair water water lang ganyan... i think effective naman. nagbalik ang glow ng aking skin. haha lakas maka-testimonial sa commercial ng comment ko.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm.. Witch hazel works for me... I used to have very very many sunspots dahil di ako gumagamit ng sunblock and moisturizer. Then, a friend was kind enough to give me VMV Hypoallergenics Sunblock 60 which really helped me alot. Tapos yun nga, sinanay ko na din ang kasipagan sa pag aalaga ng feslak.. Hehe.. At ang mahal pala nya! Lol. Have u tried Human Nature Products? They are good too. Yours kasi is acne problem diba? Dami rin kasing factors yan including stress... Ang main lang daw na di dapat mawala ay moisturizer at sunblock... Kaso sakin, toner at sunblock lang. Lels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need a derma also. But wait, I've found a dermatologist. What I truly need is money. :))

    I find my derma's services effective and affordable. I'm just exercising extreme austerity measures at the moment. I was under her care for two years. Let me know if you want more details. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I would love to know details. I want to manage the dark pimgmentation. How can I reach you?

      Delete