Sunday, December 6, 2015

Stepping Up

I recently got promoted to a Software Engineering Team Lead. It's big news for me. Considering that I'm only 23 years old, this is an event worth sharing and celebrating. Finally, efforts are paid off and results are showing!

I have a long list of people I would like to thank but I would probably want to shorten the list to the following:

  1. My managers and mentors - I have learned a lot from you. You've been a big part of my professional growth and your guidance is highly valued. I learned from you guys how to be compassionate to people and be understanding that people are not just assets but also team mates you can rely on. You guys taught me that leading is different from bossing people around. Leading is actually serving your team mates and bringing your team towards a goal. Aside from that, I became very critical with numbers and processes. I learned how to analyze these numbers and make decisions based on these figures. I find it actually fun to interpret these figures and find a pattern to trending data. Finally, you guys made me realize that making mistakes is a part of life and that these mistakes will actually define you further. Scars are interesting after all.
  2. Teammates - This would not have been possible without you. Thank you for all the lessons. Thank you for all the laughs. Thank you for sharing all-nighters with me. I'm grateful to you guys for making my work fun and interesting. Your endless stories are also a well of inspiration I always take into heart.
  3. Teachers and Friends - Of course, who would forget where he or she came from? Everything started here. A large part of my personality, my beliefs, and my faith are molded by the teachers and friends I've been with while growing up. This is an achievement by us and thank you for being with me.
  4. Family - You've always been an inspiration to improve. You have pushed me to be further than I can be and reminded me always that I can be whoever I want to be. You always knew my potential and you never fail to keep my eyes on it.
Thank you. I'm grateful. 

Let me raise my glass and say cheers to moving forward and growing up.


Credits: https://npspdv.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/website-pic2-stepping-up1.jpg

5 comments: